Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Mattie's 3rd Birthday

Happy Birthday to meeee! I'm threeeee!
- Mattie Clem, on her third birthday

Easter Sunday was also Mattie's birthday, so we had lots to celebrate. The morning was spent doing Easter baskets and finding eggs. Then after a nice Easter lunch, Mattie opened birthday presents and had Minnie Mouse cupcakes after we sang Happy Birthday. Pawpaw and Gigi came over to celebrate the festivities with us too. On Monday, the celebration continued with a party at the park with friends from Mattie's preschool class.








Yay! Happy birthday to me!


Her party was the easiest one I have ever thrown. We did at a park right by their school and did it at 2:30 on Monday, right after they got out of school. So it was more like an after school play date that I provided snacks for. And the weather cooperated to be a beautiful day! I picked up a few dollar store decorations the week prior and right before I headed over to the park, I stopped at the grocery store and bought ready to eat sliced fruit, cheese cubes, and crackers. I brought an ice chest with me and had juice boxes and bottles of water to drink. I did make the cake pops because I figured that would be a lot easier for a bunch of active 3 year olds to eat. It made my day when one of the moms asked me where I bought the cake pops from because they were delicious! The kids played on the playground for entertainment and that was all she wrote! Us parents were able to sit and chat and watch kids - it was very relaxed for a kid's party. Gigi was also there and held a sleeping Hailey the whole time. After a couple of hours of playing hard, we had a couple of sweaty, dirty, happy kiddos.









No comments:

Post a Comment