Friday, October 21, 2016

First Soccer Team

Levi has completed his first team sport - soccer. He has really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun, which is the main thing at this age, I think. He even scored a goal in one game! Now, I am not a sports person. At all. I could care less about any sport, and any team. Yes, there are teams I like to see win. My Aggies of course, the San Antonio Spurs, Houston Texans, and the Astros. But I am by no means a super fan, sporting team colors and watching the games. Nor do I have any athletic ability in my body. At all. I'm just not coordinated, fast, or powerful enough to do anything athletic related - and I'm ok with that. But for me to willingly sign up my child for soccer and attend games and practices (3 days a week) was a huge sacrifice that I hope my children realize one day. I spent the whole time trying to pacify Hailey and keep Mattie close by and out of the way while sweating in the hot sun or trying to hold an umbrella and baby when it rained. Mattie did practice some with the team which was fine, but no, you can not get on the field on game days! She was a great cheerleader though, chanting and cheering for the Hotshots!

At practice. Mattie prefers to hold the ball.

At a game. Yes, she dresses herself. This is all her. Can you see and feel the attitude?

Young, wild, and three


Last game of the season (we won)! 



Last game team photo.

After party!

Coach Art was wonderful. He gave a little speech about each kid as he handed them their medal. 



So proud of his first medal!


No comments:

Post a Comment