Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Little People Toys

One of my favorite toys growing up were the Fisher Price Little People - but I always called them my Finger People because, well, I did exactly what Mattie is doing. They are perfect for little fingers. There are pictures of me about the same age doing the same thing. Because I come from a family of hoarders, we have pretty much all of our old toys saved - I have all my Barbies, Barbie cars, Barbie house, My Little Ponies, Polly Pockets, Dolls, games, Lite Bright, spirograph, you name it. A veritable treasure trove of 1980's and 90's choking hazard, dangerous toys that I somehow survived. And what I find funny is how much Levi and Mattie seem to love playing with all of these vintage toys over the current versions of them. When I broke out the Little People the last time we visited, I fully expected Mattie to be the one playing with them - but it was Levi who was all about setting up the house, cars, and people. He loved it. This time they were both into it and played with them the whole visit. Ahh, the memories.






No comments:

Post a Comment