Saturday, May 30, 2015

Down in the Crick

I took the kids down to the crick last night for their weekly bath. Just kidding. But it was bath night.  We have a wet weather creek that feeds our pond, which is dammed with a culvert for the spillover to continue feeding the creek on the other side of the dam. This year it has pretty much been flowing steady with all this RAIN. Now, I have never been one with the water. If I can't see what's in the water with me or my feet, I'm probably not getting in unless forced. Which means for the majority of the creek and the pond, I will never step a foot in. But on the overflow side, it is shallow and clear, with a sandy bottom. So this is where I took the kids to play. (Plus, I can easily look for snakes!) Who needs a swimming pool when you've got your own wade pool?

They had a blast and were having too much fun to look at the camera for pictures. They ran and splashed, made me drink lots of cups of "tea", made sand piles and sand cookies, tried to catch minnows, army crawled, and just generally entertained themselves being kids. This was followed by stripping down on the front porch for a hose down before heading inside to the bath. Levi was already asking to do it again when I tucked him in bed last night. Mom for the win!














No comments:

Post a Comment