Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Bird in the Hand

Is worth two in the bush. Or it just means there's a bird on my hand:

 
This female Cardinal flew into our living room window HARD. She lay stunned on the porch for awhile so I went to get my camera. As soon as I was getting it into focus, she attempted to fly off. She went up, then down into a bush. I immediately thought she was hurt so I donned my gardening gloves to scoop her up before a certain dog did. She just perched on my hand for awhile but I didn't see any obvious injuries. I walked around with her, letting Levi see but not touch. This was the same time our tractor was being delivered, so I walked up to the delivery guy like this - he didn't know what to think of me. Was I some hippie who communes with nature and had a pet bird? Did I have a special gift that wild animals just flock to me? Haha, it was written all over the poor guy's face. Right about then, the bird flew up and landed on a tree branch out of reach, so I'm guessing she is alright - just has one heck of a headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment