Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cold Date Night

The moon has been full and bright the last few nights and we took advantage of that to go hog hunting. I was actually in bed and Justin had been out walking around in the moonlight when he came upon a herd of hogs. He ran back to the house to get his rifle and informed me of his find. I threw on a sweatshirt (already had on sweatpants), rubber boots, and grabbed the AR-15 from Justin and we made our way back to where the hogs had been. It was such a clear, bright night and the weather was cold but not freezing. It was beautiful. The hogs had disappeared for the moment, but we could hear them snorting around. We decided to sit in the field (on the ground by the fence) and wait. We sat out there for quite awhile but the hogs never came back within our sight. The hunt was a bust, but, even with the adrenaline rush of hunting, it was oddly calming and relaxing. I love being out in nature; listening, feeling, watching - honing my senses to be heightened and aware of my surroundings. And I got to do it with my hubby. How's that for a date night?

I took this picture standing in the very back corner of our property. We sat out along this fence line.

Still in the corner, here's the adjoining fence. The hogs were under the trees in the center of this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment