Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Whack a Bird

We frequently hear a thud as a bird flies into a window on our cabin. I guess we really blend in with our surroundings. Most of the time they just keep on going, but sometimes they hit so hard that they are dazed, confused, and can't or won't fly off right away. Today we had one of those.



This little guy (or gal) didn't appear to have any injuries. He did keep curling up one foot, but I don't know if that is related to his collision or not. Nor did it seem to bother him. Levi ran inside to get his gloves so he could hold the bird too.



Mattie ran inside as well and came back out with "mittens" on. One is a mitten, the other is a sock. She cracks me up. I put my glove on her so she could hold the bird as well.


I finally put the bird on the edge of our bird bath, hoping it would regain its senses and fly away. It hung out there for quite awhile but the last time I looked and was about to go out and check on it, it was gone finally. I did go look around the bird bath but didn't see it on the ground anywhere so I'm going to assume a happy ending and that it finally flew home!

No comments:

Post a Comment